Roughly eight out of ten employees at the workplace are exposed to physical health risks. This was discovered in a survey carried out as part of the micro-census Labour Force Survey by Statistik Austria in 2013. The most frequently mentioned physical strains resulting from work were ergonomic strains and accident risks. The most serious health issue is back problems caused by work mentioned by nearly a third of the people affected (32.2%), nearly one fifth reported having problems with the neck, shoulders, arms or hands (19.0%) and for another 16.3% the hips, legs or feet were affected.
Thus, for example, long periods of standing at work can lead to back problems as well as problems to the legs and feet. Tension, stiffness, inflammation and varicose may result.
A useful contribution to on-the-job safety and employee health and well-being is equipping standing workstations with special workstation and anti-fatigue mats. Here are some benefits:
• Helps boosts concentration and productivity.
• Sick leave & downtime resulting from physical strains & complaints will be reduced.
• Protection from unhealthy cold and humidity radiating from the ground.
• Provides a secure and slip-proof footing especially in wet environments.
• THE ERGONOMICALLY STRUCTURED SURFACE AND FLEXIBLE MATERIAL IMPROVES BLOOD FLOW AND OXYGEN SUPPLY.